Just a couple weeks ago we tore everything out of the front flower beds. I will have to post a before picture later. We got to work yesterday filling up the newly vacant flowerbeds. Owen was a great gardener, although the kid can get stuff in his mouth faster than you would believe. A list of things he ate while outside: leaf, grass, dirt, mulch, one of Aunt Bekah's flowers, and an empty flower pot. Oh well! Andy and I joke that at least we know he is getting fiber and nutrients!
We want the flowerbeds to look really "English Garden". We are getting there. It looks a little sparse now, but hopefully the plants will grow and fill in the space. Plus, we planted lots of bulbs (lillies, cannas, irises, and daffodils) from Andy's Grandma Flo's garden. That is Flo's bird bath too! We think it looks great and really ads the garden feel we want.

We think we want to put something in the birdbath- maybe a fern or one of those gazing balls- but for right now this guy looks pretty cute.

We also potted the Boston fern that Andy's mom got us for Easter. I love the pedestal pot we got for it. Oh, and the Asparagus fern on the left, possibly the oldest plant Andy and I have kept alive, it is from our wedding. It will be five years in July!

After all of that hard work we needed a little fun. So, Owen got to swing in his new swing. He loved it!

I love how dirty his feet are in this picture. He is living up to all the expectations of a little boy!

Thanks to Andy and his genius picture taking with his i-Phone. What did we do before it? Actually go in the house and retrieve the real camera???? hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment